West Midlands Railway: Passengers reminded of upcoming December timetable changeBack to press releases page
Wednesday, 22 November 2023
Passengers travelling with West Midlands Railway (WMR) are being reminded to check their journeys ahead of changes to the national railway timetable in December.
Planners have been updated ahead of the change, which comes into effect on Sunday 10 December.
Changes on the WMR network include:
- An increase to the number of trains running between Birmingham and Liverpool, with two trains per hour running at peak times on weekdays and all day on Saturdays
- The existing Birmingham to Crewe service will be amended to run between Stafford and Crewe only. Improved connection times at Stafford will mean a reduction in the overall journey time between The Potteries and Birmingham
- The final weekday evening departure from Birmingham to Hednesford will now run through to Rugeley Trent Valley
Jonny Wiseman, WMR customer experience director, said:
“I would like to remind passengers to check their journeys from December as timetables are changing nationally.
“Journey planners have been updated so passengers are now able to check any changes to their route to make sure they don’t get left behind.”
For more information on the December timetable change visit www.wmr.uk/dec23
About West Midlands Trains
For further information on this release, email [email protected]
West Midlands Trains operates both West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway services.
- London Northwestern Railway services operate between Liverpool and Birmingham, and on the West Coast Main Line to and from London Euston.
- West Midlands Railway services operate to destinations across the West Midlands via Birmingham New Street and Birmingham Snow Hill.
If you have been sent this press release, this is because we believe this to be of interest to you.
To sign up for all future releases, visit our newsroom and subscribe to our updates. You can unsubscribe to our releases at any time.