Our cycle policy
If you want to take your bike on the train, then:
- There’s space for two bikes onboard each service, completely free of charge. Many of our newer trains have a space just for cycles, so look out for that as well. If the train is quiet, the Senior Conductor may allow more bikes on
- Full-size bikes cannot be taken on any train arriving in London Euston between 07:00 and 09:59, or departing from London Euston between 16:00 and 18:59 from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Folding cycles can be carried on any service, any time
- If you do wish to bring your bike with you, especially getting on at our busier stations, find out the times of our quieter services
Please be considerate of others. For example, do not ride your bicycle on railway property, including platforms, because it’s dangerous to you and others. Always remember, you should give priority in accessible spaces to passengers with disabilities
Switch all bike lights off when on the railway (including on helmets), because a red light represents an instruction to a train driver to stop.
Cycles on other trains
For loads of cycling info across the UK, have a look at Plusbike
You can find:
- Cycle facilities and number of spaces at stations in our region
- Cycle carriage rules by train company
- Cycle reservations requirements (if any)
Cycle storage at stations
You can also leave your bike safely and securely at many local stations, but it’s worth double-checking first what bike storage facilities are available.