Business or pleasure, relax with the extra leg room or use your journey to catch up on work in a quieter environment.
What do you get for First Class train travel?
- Reclining seats
- Wider seats and extra legroom
- Plug sockets and USB charging ports on most services
Which services offer First Class?
First Class is available on longer distance routes with London Northwestern Railway:
- Birmingham to London
- Northampton to London
- Birmingham to Liverpool
- Crewe to London via Lichfield Trent Valley
What First Class train tickets are available?
The following ticket types are available for First Class:
- Advance – our cheapest tickets
- Off-Peak – for travel outside of morning and evening rush hours
- Anytime – our most flexible ticket
- Seasons - for frequent travellers
Can I upgrade from Standard to First Class?
You can upgrade from a Standard-Class ticket to First-Class on our services, where this is applicable.
- Weekends - On Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays you can upgrade a standard class ticket from any staffed station or on-board the train for £10 single or £15 return by asking for a Weekend First.
- Weekdays - Mondays to Fridays you can upgrade you ticket at the booking office before you board the train. You’ll just pay the difference between standard and first class. In the event that your local booking office is closed, you can upgrade on the train instead.
How to buy a First Class ticket
You can book first class tickets with ease:
- Online with our journey planner
- App - download our app from Google Play or Apple App Store
- Visit us at a staffed station, and our friendly team will help you out
- Call us if you prefer on 0333 311 0039 - we can help you find the right price and train
Frequently asked questions
There are no refreshment facilities available in First Class.
We don't have wheelchair accommodation in our First Class compartment, we will refund the difference if you have a First Class ticket. Please contact our customer relations team for more information.