Student Season tickets for the Spring term are no longer on sale. Sign up for updates and be the first to know when sales start for Summer term!
Get up to 50% off your travel to school, college or university!
Travel to school, college or university every day by train? With our termly Student Season Ticket you or your child can get up to 50% discount on the usual season ticket price.
Student Season tickets explained
The tickets cover travel for a whole academic term and are priced as follows:
- Students aged 16 or over - 50% discount on the usual adult season ticket price
- Students aged 15 or under – 25% discount on the usual child season ticket price
- Valid evenings, weekends and school holidays: travel when the schools, colleges or universities are closed.
- No need to buy tickets every day. Avoid the queues and travel with peace of mind knowing you already have a ticket to ride.
Just so you know..
- Student Season tickets must be accompanied by a photocard and student ID whilst travelling.
- If you don’t already have a photocard, you can request one as part of the order process – you’ll need to upload a passport-style photograph. Please allow 3 to 5 days for postage.
- Lost season tickets can be replaced
Join the waiting list
Frequently asked questions
Our most popular routes will show a price for the term, but if this doesn’t happen, then please contact us at [email protected] and we can help.
If you’re aged 16 or over at the point of purchase, you are required to have an adult ticket. If you’re 15 or under, then you are able to select a child ticket. If you are aged 15 at the point of purchase, but due to turn 16 during the ticket’s validity, then you can also proceed with a child ticket.
A. Season tickets will usually be received within 3 – 5 working days.
A. Please contact us at [email protected] if you haven’t received your season ticket within 5 working days of purchase.
You’ll need to show your season ticket and your photocard, and you may also be asked to present some form of student ID.
Yes, as long as the ticket is within validity it can be used during half term breaks. It is also valid for travel at weekends for the journey shown on the ticket.
No, these tickets are valid for unlimited travel between the two stations shown on the ticket and have no time of day restrictions applied.
Please contact [email protected] if this happens and we will arrange a duplicate replacement. A £10 administration fee may be charged.
Yes, but a day ticket for the journey required must be purchased before boarding a train. Any day tickets purchased should be retained while waiting for the duplicate season ticket to arrive. West Midlands Trains will refund these at its discretion.
To request a refund on a student season ticket, please contact [email protected]
Refunds will be calculated from the date the Student Season Ticket is returned. The amount refunded will be calculated on a pro rata basis less a £10 admin charge.
My ticket has stopped working at the barriers, how can I get a replacement?
This may mean that the magnetic strip has worn. If this happens please contact us at [email protected] as we will need to issue a replacement. You will need to return your ticket to us and we will issue a replacement free of charge.
A. Regrettably we are only able to offer tickets in paper form at the moment. However, we are currently investing in smart technologies for future tickets.