We're here to help.
On this page, you’ll find all the ways you can contact us and keep up to date with West Midlands Railway.
If you wish to make a complaint or leave feedback contact Customer Relations.
Other ways to get in touch
Can't find what you're looking for? To speak to a member of the team, contact us on 0333 311 0039. They're here to help with:
- Telesales and journey planning (7-days a week: 8am – 10pm)
- Online sales support (7-days a week: 8am – 10pm)
- Assisted travel bookings and information (7-days a week 8am – 10pm)
- Customer relations queries (Monday to Friday: 7am – 7pm. Weekends and Bank Holidays: 8am – 4pm)
Contact The Rail Ombudsman
Please give us the opportunity to try to resolve your complaint. If you’re unhappy with the response you receive, you have the right to appeal to the Rail Ombudsman . The Rail Ombudsman is there to help resolve on going complaints between us and our customers. It’s free to use their services and they are independent of the rail industry. They don’t take sides, but just look at the evidence available. They will help us both to try to reach an agreement, but if this doesn't happen, they will make a decision based on the evidence they’ve received. If you agree with their decision, then we have to act on what they say.
You can appeal to the Rail Ombudsman if:
- you’re unhappy with our final response to your complaint which will be contained in a letter or email (sometimes called a ‘deadlock letter’); or
- we haven’t resolved your complaint within 40 working days of receiving it; and
- no more than 12 months have passed since we sent you our final response.
There are some complaints that the Rail Ombudsman won’t be able to look into, for example if it’s about the way one of our services has been designed, industry policy, or if your complaint relates to an event which took place before the Rail Ombudsman service was established. If that’s the case, then they’ll contact you to let you know. If possible, they will transfer your complaint to another organisation that may be able to help you further, such as Transport Focus or London TravelWatch – the independent consumer watchdogs for the rail industry. They will independently review your complaint and where appropriate, follow things up on your behalf.
Rail Ombudsman contact details
Online and web chat: www.railombudsman.org
Telephone: 0330 094 0362
Textphone: 0330 094 0363
Email: [email protected]
Post: FREEPOST – RAIL OMBUDSMAN
The Contact Centre team are available:
Monday to 09:00 - 17:00
At West Midlands Railway, we’re a friendly bunch and love to keep connected.
So, if you fancy following our latest tweets and updates, you’ll find us at @WestMidRailway
We’re here 7am to 7pm (8am to 4pm weekends and bank holidays) and provide live train running updates from around the region. Our team will do everything they can to help you with any questions you may have.
If you’d like to be one of the first to hear about our latest offers or just some ideas for days out in the region, then give our Facebook page a Like
Rules of engagement
If you do wish to contact us via Social Media, then please play nicely and stick to our Rules of Engagement.
We like to keep in touch with you in various ways - including email, on the phone, via letter, and face to face.
And as more and more of us seem to be using Social Media these days, particularly while on the move, we see it as a fantastic tool to provide you with real-time service information and to answer any questions that you may have.
We have a top team of people that work on our social media accounts - between them they have loads of knowledge about the region, the railway and how it works, and will always try their best to help you.
Below are a few points we would appreciate you respecting when contacting us on Social Media.
What you can expect from us
- Our @WestMidRailway Twitter account is open 7am to 7pm (8am to 4pm weekends and bank holidays). We are closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- We may need to come back to you with some info or escalate certain queries to a manager, so please bear with us if this happens. One of the team will get back to you as soon as possible with an answer
- If you require a detailed explanation of something that cannot be easily addressed on Social Media, or you wish to make a complaint, we may need to re-direct you to our Customer Relations team so that your concerns are properly logged and dealt with
- Although we aim to answer every question individually, during times of major service disruption we may need to go into our own 'disruption mode'. This means that instead of responding to individual tweets, we will focus on tweeting out the latest updates for everyone's benefit – it’s an easier way of keeping you and others up to date
- Because we run so many trains a day we are unable to broadcast information on individual train delays. We therefore aim to provide information only when delays exceed 10 minutes. If you require information on a delay under this time, then please tweet us and we will try and find out for you
- We will keep you updated about planned engineering works that may affect your journey, with weekend works being tweeted out on a Thursday and Friday of each week
- We will not sell you anything via Social Media
- We will broadcast information about projects and special events that are happening at stations, keeping you informed at all times
What we expect from you
- Please don't get personal with members of the team on Social Media - we are all here to try and help you. We will always be courteous and respectful and we expect to be treated in the same way
- We understand that you can get frustrated when things go wrong, but do not use foul language or be aggressive. Please stick to the topic of the post when joining the conversation. We also ask that you do not spam or deliberately disrupt a conversation. We won't tolerate this type of engagement, and most of our followers don't want to read inappropriate comments. Whilst we don't want to block anyone on Social Media, we may have to do so in certain circumstances. We may also delete comments.
We are all just trying to ensure you have a great journey experience with us, and look forward to chatting with you on one of our accounts!