Passenger Assistance delivery performance
We are committed to making our services accessible and inclusive. We don’t just offer assistance and support to passengers who identify as disabled, we will help anyone who experiences access barriers to train travel.
Our Passenger Assist services can support passengers in many ways, including:
- Helping with journey planning, including information on ticketing, facilities on trains or at stations and seat or wheelchair reservations for other train companies.
- Guiding passengers on and off our trains, including the use of ramps where necessary
- Assisting with luggage
- Offering guidance when passengers are making connections or leaving our stations to make ongoing connections.
Assistance is provided to passengers, whether this is booked this in advance or the passenger wishes to turn up on the day to travel.
For more information on our commitment to providing an accessible and inclusive service, visit our Accessible Travel page.
For more information on booking assist using our Passenger Assist service, visit our Book Assisted Travel page
The following information outlines the numbers of passenger utilising our Passenger Assist service and how reliably we are delivering this service.
Passenger Assist delivery summary
|Period||Number of booked assists||Number of incomplete or failed booked assists||Number of ‘turn up and go’ unbooked assists|
|2021/2022, Period 8: 17th October to 6th November||2,726||32||394|
|2021/2022, Period 7: 19th September to 16th October||3,045||25||439|
|2021 / 2022, Period 6: 22nd August - 19th September||2,681||1||450|
|2021 / 2022, Period 5: 25 July - 21st August||2,545||10||432|
2021 / 2022, Period 4: 27 June - 24 July
|2021 / 2022, Period 3: 30 May - 27 June||1,710||5||308|
|2021 / 2022, Period 2: 2 May - 29 May||966||8||231|
|2021 / 2022, Period 1: 1 April - 1 May||452||5||197|
|2020 / 2021, Period 13: 7 March - 31 March||221||1||42|
|2020 / 2021, Period 12: 7 Feb - 6 March||136||0||59|
|2020 / 2021, Period 11: 10 Jan – 6 Feb 2021||96||1||51|
2020 / 2021, Period 10: 13 Dec 2020 – 9 Jan 2021
|2020 / 2021, Period 9: 15 Nov – 12 Dec 2020||271||6||76|
How is this data collected?
All data covers the service provided across both West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway services
- Number of booked assists – data provided by the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) in respect to the number of booked assists recorded across the West Midlands Trains network.
- Number of incomplete or failed booked assists - data provided through internal West Midlands Trains reporting mechanisms provided by frontline staff.
- Number of ‘turn up and go’ unbooked assists – data provided through internal West Midlands Trains reporting mechanisms provided by frontline staff.