We’ve got lots of flexible ticket options so you can travel when it’s right for you.
At a glance, there are 5 main ticket types, suitable for a range of needs – from cheapest price to total flexibility.
The key benefits of each ticket are in the Daily, Season, Combination (multi-modal) and More Ways to Save sections on this page with further links to the really detailed information for where it’s available and when you’re able to use it.
|Best for||Refunds available||Railcard discount available||Travel on any train (unless train company is specified)||Available to buy on the day or earlier|
|Up to 23:59
|Off-Peak||Cheaper prices for avoiding
|✔||✔||Within Off-Peak times||✔|
|Anytime||Total flexibility - any time any day||✔||Minimum
|Flexi Season||8 days of travel in 28 days||✔||Select Railcards only||✔||✔|
times a week
|✔||✘||✔||Up to 14 days before the start date|
Advance tickets are the cheapest, available on longer journeys. Book early to avoid the rush!
- fares from £3 one-way
- book up to 12 weeks ahead
Find out more about Advance tickets
Available throughout the day at quieter times, and cheaper than Anytime tickets.
- weekends are entirely off-peak
- no need to pre-book
- avoid the rush hours
Find out more about Off-Peak tickets
Anytime train tickets are fully flexible tickets, for travel at any time of the day.
- travel at any time
- no need to pre-book
- anytime and any train
Find out more about Anytime tickets
For travel on the same route on a regular or daily basis.
- Unlimited travel between the stations on your route
- Weekly, monthly or annual tickets
- First-class tickets available
Find out more about Season tickets
Student Season tickets
For students who travel to school, college or university every day.
- Save up to 50% on the usual season ticket price
- No age restrictions
- Valid for a whole academic term
Find out more about Student Season tickets
Perfect for those who work a couple of times a week at peak time Monday to Friday.
- 8 days of travel in 28 days
- Anytime between two stations
Find out more about Flexi Season tickets
Combined bus, train and tram tickets
Unlimited travel on London's public transport network within London zones 1-6.
- Unlimited travel at any time on bus, tube, tram, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), London Overground, Transport for London Rail and National Rail services in London
- Travel any time of day, any day of the week around Central London
Find out more about Travelcards .
Transport for West Midlands (TfWM)
nTrain, nNetwork and Daytripper tickets offer unlimited travel within West Midlands rail zones.
- Unlimited train, bus and tram travel within the West Midlands
- Daily, weekly, monthly, 3 months, and annual tickets available
Find out more about TfWM tickets .
Unlimited bus & tram travel around the urban area of a rail-served town or city
- Unlimited bus and tram travel on most or all operator’s services
- Hop on and off as much as you like
- No peak restrictions
Find out more about PlusBus Tickets
More ways to save
Ranger & Rovers
Perfect for those who want to explore a few places in a day, or over a few days.
- Unlimited travel in a defined area for up to seven days
- Hop on and off as much as you like within a certain area
- Use 7 days a week, Monday-Friday is off-peak
Find out more about West Midlands Day Ranger & Heart of England Rover tickets
£2.80 Evening Return
Enjoy great nights out for less with our Super Off-Peak Return ticket.
- After 6.30pm you can get a return ticket between any two stations in the West Midlands rail zones 1-5 for only £2.80
Find out more about £2.80 Evening Returns tickets
3-9 people travelling together get a 1/3 off their Off-Peak tickets with a GroupSave discount.
- Save up to 34% off for 3-9 people
- Adults and children can make up the group
- 25% off for 10 or more people with our Group Travel option
Find out more about GroupSave tickets