Get the funding your project deserves.
'Your Community, Your Fund' is our annual scheme to inspire local people to get involved with the railway and help to enrich their local communities. The Fund supports projects across our railway network to help bring visionary community schemes to life.
Our 'Your Community, Your Fund' scheme provides support to the following organisations:
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Social enterprises
- Community led partnerships
Step one: Is your project eligible?
Please check that your project meets the following criteria:
- Your project must serve local communities in and around West Midlands Railway line and stations. You can check this by looking at our network map.
- Your project is aligned to at least one theme featured in our Community Rail Strategy which includes Youth Engagement, Health and Wellbeing, Passenger Safety and tackling anti-social behaviour, Rail Recovery and Encouraging Modal Shift
- The project must address areas of social need, creating economic and social regeneration.
- Projects must benefit both rail passengers and local communities, demonstrating diversity and inclusivity and not be for commercial gain.
- Costs must be in proportion to the social and regeneration outcomes generated.
- The funds do not support salary/wages and cannot be used to make payments to members of the committee.
- Groups must be properly constituted as a social enterprise, with a dedicated bank account requiring two signatories into which the grant funds would be paid.
- The funds must only be used for community gain and cannot be used for the purchase of assets providing benefit to private companies or individuals.
- The project needs to demonstrate outputs that will create safe, uplifting, and welcoming environments for rail passengers.
- Projects must be ready to launch in Autumn 2023 and completed by 28/02/2024
- It is important to note that we cannot fund the purchase of assets that will provide long term benefit to a private company or individual rather than to the community.
If you have any queries, please contact [email protected] . Applications close on 14 September 2023.
Step two: Download application form
Before you can submit your application form, you must download the form and complete it on your device. This will allow you to save your document and complete it in a time that suits you best. Once you have completed your application, return to this page, and continue to step three..
Step three: Submit your application form
Now you are ready to submit your application form, please complete the fields below and attach your application.