Easy and accessible travel in and around the West Midlands
Tickets offered by Transport for West Midlands (TfWM) can be used on our trains as well as participating train, buses and tram operators within the West Midlands.
TfWM connects all public transport (trains, bus and metro services) in the West Midlands, including Birmingham, Dudley, Sandwell, Coventry, Walsall, Solihull and Wolverhampton.
West Midlands rail zones map
Train stations across the West Midlands are in five rail zones with ‘Zone 1’ being Birmingham city centre and ‘Zone 5’ being the connecting cities and towns in the surrounding area. You can travel to a station outside the five rail zones with an Out of County ticket.
If you buy a TfWM ticket for use on our trains, your ticket will tell you which zones you can travel between.
Types of TfWM tickets for use on our trains
- nNetwork tickets gives you unlimited train, bus and tram travel within the specified rail zones
- nTrain season tickets gives you unlimited train travel on all participating train operators within the specified rail zones
- Daytripper is an off-peak day ticket for unlimited train, bus and tram travel within the specified rail zones
- Daytripper Plus is an extension to Daytripper for travel just beyond the rail zone areas as far as Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Lichfield and Kenilworth (via Coventry only). Excludes journeys between Coventry and Leamington Spa
- Daytripper Add-on is an extension to Daytripper on the Chase Line for travel beyond rail zone 5: Landywood, Cannock, Hednesford, Rugeley Town, Rugeley Trent Valley
- Family nNetwork Day Tripper gives you unlimited train, bus and tram travel within the specified rail zones for up to 6 people - at least 1 adult, but no more than 2 must be adults (children 5-15 years inclusive). Each group must contain at least 1 adult and 1 child and travel together at all times. Can be purchased from any West Midlands Railway Station.
Swift is the smart ticketing scheme for paying for public transport in the West Midlands. Swift cards are smartcards that can be used instead of a paper ticket and are offered by Transport for West Midlands by Direct Debit or Corporate accounts, as well as other options.
nNetwork or nTrain season tickets can be loaded onto Swift cards and used as a ticket for the train. Visit the TfWM website for additional information on the Swift card .
How to buy TfWM tickets
You can use the TfWM ticket finder to find the best ticket for you. You can also buy TfWM tickets from a