Mums travel for free this Mother’s Day
West Midlands Railway is offering an exclusive treat for mums, with free travel this Mother’s Day (31 March).
The train operator is offering a special ‘Mums Go Free’ ticket, to give complimentary train travel to mums across the West Midlands rail network.
Richard Brooks, customer experience director for West Midlands Railway, said: “As a big thank you to mums, step mums and foster mums for all that they do, we’re giving them free train travel on our services for the day. This amazing treat is the perfect way to show wonderful mums just how special they are, with a day out to attractions across the region, or simply a free journey to visit loved ones on Mother's Day.
“Travelling by train is an affordable, convenient option for getting around the West Midlands. From May, we will be introducing direct trains to even more destinations, earlier services, later services and enhanced weekend timetables – so there has never been a better time to travel by train.”
‘Mums go Free’ tickets will be valid for travel on Sunday 31st March, and will be available to purchase from local station ticket offices in advance.
Tickets will be valid on most West Midlands Railway and specified London Northwestern Railway services across the West Midlands.
West Midlands Railway has also teamed up with National SEA LIFE Centre & LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Birmingham to offer free entry for mums this Mother’s Day.
For more information on these offers go to www.wmr.uk/mums
For further information on this release, call our press office on 03300 955150 or email [email protected]
'Mums Go Free' terms and conditions
- The ‘Mums Go Free’ promotion covers journeys on West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway services across most of the West Midlands Railway network. Details of stations covered by this area can be found at https://journeyplanner.networkwestmidlands.com/station
- ‘Mums Go Free’ tickets are valid for travel on Sunday 31 March only
- ‘Mums Go Free’ tickets will be available to purchase from station ticket offices or on board, if travelling from an unstaffed station, from Monday 18 – Sunday 31 March.
- ‘Mums Go Free’ tickets will not be available online or from station Ticket Vending Machines.
- To receive this offer, mums must be travelling with their child (regardless of age)
- The ‘Mums go Free’ offer is still valid, even if the mum is travelling with a child under 5 years old (who travel for free under existing rules).
- All passengers are still required to have a valid ticket for all journeys and may be liable for penalty fare if they cannot produce a valid ticket on request.
About West Midlands Trains
West Midlands Trains operates both West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway services.
- London Northwestern Railway services operate between Liverpool and Birmingham, and on the West Coast mainline to and from London Euston.
- West Midlands Railway services operate to destinations across the West Midlands via Birmingham New Street.
The West Midlands Trains franchise started on 10 December 2017 and will run until 2025/26.
West Midlands Trains operates 1,300 services a day, manages 150 stations and provides over 70 million passenger journeys a year. Over the course of the franchise, West Midlands Trains will be investing £1 billion into the rail network to deliver new trains, improved routes and station upgrades. This will include 400 new train carriages across the network and space for an extra 85,000 passengers into Birmingham and London at peak times.
The franchise is a joint venture between Abellio (70.1% share) and East Japan Railway Company / Mitsui & Co., Ltd (29.9% share in a 50:50 split). Abellio is the international passenger transport subsidiary of the Dutch national railway company, Nederlandse Spoorwegen. In the UK, Abelllio operates ScotRail and Greater Anglia train services, Merseyrail services in a joint venture with Serco and buses through Abellio London. For more information visit www.abellio.com
If you have been sent this press release, this is because we believe this to be of interest to you.
To sign up for all future releases, visit our newsroom and subscribe to our updates. You can unsubscribe to our releases at any time.