We all lose things from time to time!
If we find an item of lost property on our trains or stations we will try and contact you if you can be identified.
For items lost on any journey with West Midlands Railway please contact the Lost Property Customer Service team and tell us what service you were travelling on. They will help you or provide you with the details of any other train operating company if it was not on one of our own.
You can also call us on 0333 311 0039.
Charges for retrieval of lost property
There are some charges for the storage and retrieval of lost property items, depending on what the item is.
- Band A £20 charge: laptop computers, video cameras
- Band B £10 charge: mobile telephones
- Band C £3 charge: jewellery items, watches, cameras, cycles, clothing items, suitcases, rucksacks, briefcases, filofaxes, musical instruments, skis, surfboards
- Band D £2 charge: umbrellas, gloves/scarves/hats, spectacles, keys, reading books, prams/pushchairs, all other items
Charges for storage of lost property
- £1 per 24 hour period: laptop computers, video cameras, mobile telephones, skis, surfboards, prams/pushchairs, bicycles
- 50p per 24 hour period: Jewellery items, watches, cameras, clothing items, suitcases, rucksacks, briefcases, filofaxes, musical instruments, umbrellas, gloves/scarves/hats, spectacles, keys, reading books, all other items
To protect the owner/finder from incurring storage and retrieval charges out of proportion to the value of the item, the total charge must reflect the item value as follows:
- For items in Band A & B - total charge not to exceed £25
- For items in Band C - total charge not to exceed £15
- For items in Band D - total charge not to exceed £5
The charge for returning lost property to the owner/finder (e.g. postage) is to be paid by the owner/finder and is in addition to the storage and retrieval charges.
The charge for refunding cash found to the owner is an administration charge of £2 minimum or 10% of the amount found, up to a maximum of £10.
How to retrieve a lost item
- If you lost your property on a train terminating at London Euston, please call 03300 240 215, option 2, 2, 1, 2
- If you lost your property on a train terminating at Birmingham New Street, please call 03300 240 215, option 2, 2, 2, 1
- If you lost your property on a train terminating at Liverpool Lime Street, please call 03300 240 215, option 2, 2, 2, 3
- If your property was lost elsewhere, please call our Customer Relations team on 030333 311 0039 or contact the specific rail operator you were traveling with
- Alternatively, you can report your property as missing via www.lostproperty.org
Wolverhampton Station Lost Property
If you have lost an item at Wolverhampton Station, within the first two weeks, please contact our Customer Relations team on 0333 311 0039.
After two weeks, lost property found at Wolverhampton Station is sent to a secure storage facility where we keep all unclaimed items for three months. If you discover two weeks after your visit that you have lost an item then call 01707 373734.
If you lost your item on a Virgin Trains service through Wolverhampton then follow this link to their Lost Property page for guidance.