We all lose things from time to time!
If we find an item of lost property on our trains, or at one of our stations we will try and contact you if you can be identified.
For items lost on any West Midlands Railway journey, please contact the Lost Property team to tell us what service you were travelling on, and what you lost. The team will search our database to see if anything matches your query. If there are no matches straight away, we will keep your request on file for 3 months in case your item is handed in at a later date.
Reclaiming an item from us
If your item is found onboard our services or at one of our stations, we’ll keep it safe for up to 3 months for you to reclaim. We always ask security questions before returning an item, so make sure you can identify it (and have some ID, so you can identify yourself).
We don’t charge any ‘administration or storage’ fees for any items in our possession. Other train companies may still charge.
If your item is handed in at a station that we call at but don’t operate, charges may be applied.
How to reclaim a lost item
- If you lost your property on a train terminating at Birmingham New Street, please call 03300 240 215, option 2, 2, 2, 1
- If you lost your property on a train terminating at Liverpool Lime Street, please call 03300 240 215, option 2, 2, 2, 3
- If your property was lost elsewhere, please call our Customer Relations team online, by email or on 0333 311 0039.
- Alternatively, you can find information for specific train operator you were traveling with by following the links below.
- For Coventry & Birmingham International stations, contact Virgin Trains.
- For Hereford & Shrewsbury stations, contact Transport for Wales.
- For Birmingham Moor Street, Solihull, Dorridge, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Warwick Parkway, Lapworth, Hatton contact Chiltern Railways.
- For CrossCountry services, contact CrossCountry directly.
Alternatively, you can also report your property as missing on www.lostproperty.org – a Network Rail partner.