GroupSave - Save 1/3
Save more money when travelling as a group.
If you are travelling together as a small group, our GroupSave discount may just be the ticket!
How does a GroupSave ticket work?
A GroupSave discounted ticket can be applied when between three and nine people travel together. It gives you 1/3 off your Off-Peak train ticket for any journey across our network.
Where can I buy a GroupSave ticket?
You can buy your GroupSave ticket online, on our app, or at a staffed station. There is no need to book in advance. When buying online or in-app, just select Group Save from the Railcards and Discounts list in our online journey planner.
- Helps you save up to 34% on your train journey
- Adults and children can make up the group
- A GroupSave ticket is a free way to get discounted train travel
What you need to know
- Groups must always travel together
- All members of the group must have the same origin, destination, and route
- GroupSave tickets are only valid on Off-Peak tickets - generally after 0930
- Additional discounts e.g. Railcards, cannot be used in conjunction with a GroupSave ticket
Frequently asked questions
If you are travelling with a group larger than nine people, just add the remaining passengers – a minimum of three – in a separate transaction. Or you can opt for our Group Travel option, which allows groups of ten or more save ¼ off their ticket price. To do this, you must book at least ten days in advance and we will help you get a great price on our less busy trains.
To book Group Travel train tickets, call 0333 311 0039 (lines are open Monday to Friday 09:00 - 18:00)
If there is no Off-Peak ticket type offered for the journey, then travel on GroupSave discounted ticket is permitted after 09:30 Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays). Restrictions on GroupSave discounted travel do not apply at weekends or on Bank Holidays.
Other cheap train ticket ideas