If you can be flexible when you travel you can take advantage of our cheapest fares, available on longer distance routes.
Due to temporary changes to the way timetables are planned, some of our train times on dates more than six weeks ahead may change. See the table below for the dates affected.
Advance fares now on sale
Advance tickets can be now booked up to:
|Booking Advance fares until||Routes|
|Monday to Friday||09 November 2018||All|
|Saturday||03 November 2018||All|
|Sunday||04 November 2018||All|
Dates not available for sale
Train times on the dates and routes below may change. Therefore Advance tickets are not available for sale and care should be taken when buying Off-peak and Anytime tickets. For the best fares on these dates check back here on the estimated booking date when the timetables are confirmed.
|Date||Day||Routes Affected||Estimated booking date|
|27 August||Monday||All routes||23 August 2018|
|01 September||Saturday||All routes||23 August 2018|
|02 September||Sunday||All routes||23 August 2018|
What is an Advance ticket?
- Advance tickets are for single journeys, helping you mix and match with other single tickets to get the best price for your trip
- You’ll need to travel on a specific train at a specific time
- Railcard discounts apply, making it even cheaper
- Advance First tickets are available for first class travel, but don’t worry if you can’t get one - at weekends you can upgrade on-board for just £15 return
- Advance tickets are released every week, up to 12 weeks ahead
- The earlier you book the more likely you’ll get the best deal, but it’s worth checking the night before - they’re available until 11.59pm the day prior to travel
- Advance tickets are limited, so when they’re gone, they’re gone!
- Store mobile tickets on your device and present at station barriers and on-board. With e-tickets you’ll also get a PDF as a back-up if you prefer to have something you can print
- Collect pre-purchased tickets within 15 minutes from the self-service ticket machines at the station - you’ll need your booking reference and a credit card
- First class post - please allow five working days
- Collect from a staffed ticket office with your booking reference and proof of identification
To make it easy and often cheaper for you, we work with other transport companies to provide connecting travel tickets; including: