If you can be flexible when you travel you can take advantage of our cheapest fares, available on longer distance routes.
Advance fares now on sale for dates up to and including:
From Saturday 15 June 2019, West Midlands Trains Booking Horizons should remain as follows:
|Booking Advance fares until||Routes|
|Monday to Friday||06 September 2019||All|
|Saturday||31 August 2019||All|
|Sunday||01 September 2019||All|
Last updated: 14/06/2019
We are not currently open on Sunday 18 August, or between Saturday 24 August and Monday 26 August, as we are awaiting confirmation of the final details for amended services operating over these weekends.
We currently intend to open additional services before Friday 28 June, which will also be the date of our next booking horizons update.
Travelling by a different Train Company? Check the status of their timetable.
What is an Advance ticket?
- Advance tickets are for single journeys, helping you mix and match with other single tickets to get the best price for your trip
- You’ll need to travel on a specific train at a specific time
- Railcard discounts apply, making it even cheaper
- Advance First tickets are available for first class travel, but don’t worry if you can’t get one - at weekends you can upgrade on-board for just £15 return
- Advance tickets are released every week, up to 12 weeks ahead
- The earlier you book the more likely you’ll get the best deal, but it’s worth checking the night before - they’re available until 11.59pm the day prior to travel
- Advance tickets are limited, so when they’re gone, they’re gone!
- Store mobile tickets on your device and present at station barriers and on-board. With e-tickets you’ll also get a PDF as a back-up if you prefer to have something you can print
- Collect pre-purchased tickets within 15 minutes from the self-service ticket machines at the station - you’ll need your booking reference and a credit card
- First class post - please allow five working days
- Collect from a staffed ticket office with your booking reference and proof of identification
To make it easy and often cheaper for you, we work with other transport companies to provide connecting travel tickets; including: