If you can be flexible when you travel you can take advantage of our cheapest fares, available on longer distance routes.
Advance fares now on sale for dates up to and including:
|Booking Advance fares until||Routes|
|Monday to Friday||13 December 2019||All|
|Saturday||14 December 2019||All|
|Sunday||01 December 2019||All|
Last updated: 27/09/2019
We are not currently open on Sunday 10 November or Sunday 08 December, as we are awaiting confirmation of the final details for amended services operating on these dates.
We are also not currently open beyond Saturday 14 December, as we are presently working on preparation for the December 2019 timetable. At this stage we hope to open further services before Friday 18 October, or as soon as feasibly possible thereafter.
Travelling by a different Train Company? Check the status of their timetable.
What is an Advance ticket?
- Advance tickets are for single journeys, helping you mix and match with other single tickets to get the best price for your trip
- You’ll need to travel on a specific train at a specific time
- Railcard discounts apply, making it even cheaper
- Advance First tickets are available for first class travel, but don’t worry if you can’t get one - at weekends you can upgrade on-board for just £15 return
- Advance tickets are released every week, up to 12 weeks ahead
- The earlier you book the more likely you’ll get the best deal, but it’s worth checking the night before - they’re available until 11.59pm the day prior to travel
- Advance tickets are limited, so when they’re gone, they’re gone!
- Store mobile tickets on your device and present at station barriers and on-board. With e-tickets you’ll also get a PDF as a back-up if you prefer to have something you can print
- Collect pre-purchased tickets within 15 minutes from the self-service ticket machines at the station - you’ll need your booking reference and a credit card
- First class post - please allow five working days
- Collect from a staffed ticket office with your booking reference and proof of identification
To make it easy and often cheaper for you, we work with other transport companies to provide connecting travel tickets; including: