Social Competitions Terms and Conditions
West Midlands Railway – 1000 Facebook Followers Social Competition Terms and Conditions
Win x2 Tickets across the West Midlands Trains Network
This competition is operated by West Midlands Railway. a trading name of West Midlands Trains Ltd with offices registered at 2nd Floor, St Andrews House, St Andrews Street, London, EC4A 3AG
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry to the competition. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
A. HOW TO ENTER
- The competition runs from 5pm on 26/01/2018 to 11:59pm on 29/01/2018
- All competition entries must be received by West Midlands Railway by no later than 11:59pm on 29/01/2018. All competition entries received after that time will not be accepted.
- To enter you must leave a comment in the comments section of the competition post on Facebook describing where you would go if you won the two free tickets.
- Only one entry per person. Winner will be chosen at random.
- Duplicate entries will not be counted.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The competition is open to residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except employees of Abellio, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the competition. Entries from those aged 16 or under must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or with their written consent.
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. West Midlands Railway may require you to provide proof of your identity and that you are eligible to enter the competition – you agree to cooperate with such enquiries.
- By entering the competition you confirm that your entry form and any accompanying materials and submissions:
- do not contain any material which is defamatory of any person or which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- do not promote sexually explicit material, violence or any illegal activity;
- do not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- do not infringe any rights of any other person.
- are not likely to deceive any person;
- are not made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- are not threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- are not likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- are not used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- do not give the impression that they emanate from West Midlands Railway, if this is not the case; or
- do not advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright or trade mark infringement or computer misuse.
- West Midlands Railway reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition or if (in West Midland’s Railway opinion) you are in breach of these terms and conditions. West Midlands Railway reserves the right to contact the relevant authorities to report any inappropriate content you submit in connection with the competition or otherwise.
C. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
- The winner will be notified via Facebook comment and then by email by 5th February 2018. The winner must claim their prize by providing their postal address within 3 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- The decision of West Midlands Railway is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
D. THE PRIZE
- The prize for the winner is x2 same day return tickets to visit a destination on the West Midlands Trains network of their choice.
- The prize is non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute an alternative prize of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- West Midlands Railway offers the prize in association with various partner providers. Such partners have their own terms and conditions which apply to the prize. West Midlands Railway will confirm to the winner by email OR by post details of how to book the partner prizes. West Midlands Railway is not responsible for any loss, claim or expense arising from a partner offer.
- To obtain details of the winner please email [email protected] stating the name of the competition in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
E. CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- Once the winner has been contacted and has accepted the prize, West Midlands Railway will enter correspondence with the winner to arrange collection or delivery of the tickets.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- West Midlands Railway does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize. After a period of three months, the prize will be returned to West Midlands Railway and West Midlands Railway will be entitled to select another winner at random.
F. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Insofar as is permitted by law, West Midlands Railway, its agents and distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of West Midlands Railway, its agents and/or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- All competition entries and any accompanying material [BS1] submitted to West Midlands Railway will become the property of West Midlands Railway on receipt and will not be returned. Photos submitted as part of social competitions may be used in marketing collateral such as emails, on our website or on our social media channels.
- You agree that West Midlands Railway may make your entry and accompanying materials available on its website www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk and any other social media platform in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant West Midlands Railway a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights, in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
H. DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions West Midlands Railway may, at its sole discretion, exclude you from participating in the competition, to withdraw the prize or to require you to return the prize if already received.
- West Midlands Railway reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid or unenforceable, that part shall not affect the validity of the other provisions in these terms and conditions, and shall be severed from those provisions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
J. CONTACT US
- To contact West Midlands Railway or to de-register and withdraw from the competition please email [email protected]
- Please see www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/win for a copy of these competition terms and conditions.
Previous Competition Winners
|Name of Competition||Closing Date of Competition||Winners Name|
|1000 Facebook Followers Giveaway||29/01/2018||Carl St. Clair-Johnson|