Introducing Flexi-Travel – the new flexible ticket
Travel needs are constantly changing for many people at the moment, which is why we now offer a Flexi-Travel ticket. This option is designed to be more accommodating as you adjust to the new normal, and is great for those working part-time or from home, or if you’re uncertain about which days you’ll be travelling.
How does the Flexi-Travel ticket work?
The Flexi-Travel ticket enables you to make 10 return journeys on the same route, within one calendar month. It allows you to travel anytime, and saves you 5% when compared to buying return tickets.
Where can I buy a Flexi-Travel ticket?
Currently, you can buy a Flexi-Travel ticket from staffed ticket offices, within any of our staffed stations. See here for our opening times.
- Use it anytime with no time restrictions
- Save 5% compared with buying return tickets
- No need to wait in a queue to buy a ticket every time you travel
What you need to know
- Flexi-travel is available on all West Midlands Railway routes
- valid in The West Midlands Travel to Work area, plus stations out as far as Lichfield Trent Valley, Leamington Spa, Stratford-upon-Avon, Hereford, Shrewsbury, and Rugeley Trent Valley.
- All tickets must have the same start and end stations
- You need to validate your ticket before travel by entering the date with 2-digit numerical values only, e.g. 22 02 for travel on 22 February, using permanent black ink. If you do not date a Flexi-Travel ticket before boarding you may be charged the full fare for the journey being made
- Railcard discounts are not available with Flexi-Travel tickets
- Flexi-Travel tickets are only available for standard class travel
- Flex-Travel tickets are valid for one calendar month from the day you purchase your ticket
- Only full sets of Flexi-Travel tickets can be refunded
- Following a purchase of a Flexi-Travel ticket, the route, expiry date and ticket type cannot be changed. A new ticket will need to purchased
Frequently Asked Questions
As everyone adapts to a new way of life, there’s a greater need for travel to be more flexible. To enable you to travel more freely, the Flexi-Travel ticket doesn’t have time restrictions, and can be used anytime at all within one calendar month.
The Flexi-Travel ticket also better supports social distancing, as you’ll only need to queue once to buy a ticket for 10 journeys, instead of each time you want to travel. It also saves you 5% more money when compared to buying return tickets each time.
Flexi-Travel is available on all West Midlands Railway routes. It is valid in the West Midlands Travel to Work area, plus stations out as far as Lichfield Trent Valley, Leamington Spa, Stratford-upon-Avon, Hereford, Shrewsbury, and Rugeley Trent Valley.
With the Flexi-Travel ticket, you can make 10 return journeys on the same route. They must have the same start and end stations.
Once purchased, your Flexi-Travel ticket is valid for one calendar month.
Before travel, you need to validate your ticket by applying the start date to it with permanent black ink, and with 2-digit numerical values only. For example, ‘23 07’ for travel starting from the 23rd of July.
Failure to date a Flexi-Travel ticket before boarding may result in being charged the full fare for the journey.
After purchase, the Flexi-Travel ticket cannot be changed for another ticket, and the route cannot be amended.
Only full sets of Flexi-Travel tickets can be refunded.
Railcard discounts are not available with Flexi-Travel tickets.
Flexi-Travel tickets are only available for standard class travel.