English Heritage: Cantlop Bridge
The cast-iron bridge, approved and built in 1813 by Scottish engineer Thomas Telford, is of historic interest because of its innovative design. In use until the 1970s, the bridge is a single span - revolutionary in its day. There is a small picnic area beside the river. Walk to the bus station, located close to Shrewsbury rail station, and take the Boultons of Shropshire 540 service to the bridge.