Cross City line improvements works this Christmas
Buses replace trains between Blake Street and Lichfield Trent Valley 24th, 27th, 28th & 29th December
Improvement works are taking place on the Cross City line over Christmas, closing all lines between Blake Street and Lichfield Trent Valley.
Buses replace trains during this time, calling at Blake Street, Shenstone, Lichfield City and Lichfield Trent Valley.
If you’re travelling during this time, please plan ahead:
- Check your train times here
- Allow extra time for the rail replacement part of your journey
- Works may also be taking place on routes served by other train operators, for a full overview, visit nationalrail.co.uk
Reminder – West Midlands Railway services do not operate on Christmas day or Boxing day.
Rail replacement information
- You will require a valid WMR ticket to use rail replacement buses.
- Large items of luggage, non-folding bicycles and animals are not permitted on rail replacement buses (unless they’re assistance dogs).
- If you require assistance for your journey, please book in advance here or call 0800 024 8998