Way To Work
We can also help you get off to a great start, by offering a free Season Ticket for up to three months when you’ve been offered a new job. Way To Work gives you:
- up to six tickets for free rail travel to job interviews
- free rail travel for up to a month to access employability courses, skills/training opportunities or placement experience
- free rail travel for a maximum of three months on London Northwestern Railway and/or West Midlands Railway, following your job appointment or apprenticeship start.
You can apply for the programme if you have either:
- secured an apprenticeship that has not already commenced
- graduated from university, further or higher education within the last six months and have not yet found employment
- been unemployed for three months or longer and are either
- actively seeking work and attending job interviews and/or
- registered on a jobseekers training/employability programme through Job Centre Plus or an approved partner to develop your skills
How does it work?
You apply to join the programme, either by post or email. We’ll check your details and, once your membership is approved, we will email you a personal username and password. (You may need to check your Junk, or Spam email folders if you think you haven’t heard from us).
To apply for tickets, you’ll log in online and use your personal username and password to log in. You can then apply for tickets to attend job interviews, or season tickets – depending on what’s best for you. Just follow the instructions on the ticket ordering page.
You’ll be able to collect your tickets from the ticket office (or a ticket machine) at the train station where your journey with us starts. We will tell you how to do this with your online order.
Way To Work membership will be valid for six months. During this time, you’ll be able to apply online for tickets to get you to interviews – or to your new job.
How to apply
To apply for the Way To Work programme, download and complete our application form. Then return it to us with copies of your supporting evidence documents. Full details of these are below. For help with your application, ask your job coach or agency for advice. You can also speak to us directly on 0333 332 4000 (select option 3). We're open between 09.30 - 16.00 Mondays to Fridays.
To apply by post, send your completed application form and your support evidence to: Way To Work, WMT Travel Services, The Hub, Colchester North Railway Station, North Station Road, Colchester, Essex CO1 1JS.
If you’d prefer to email your application, you can scan and email all documentation to [email protected].
What counts as supporting evidence?
To apply for the Way to Work scheme, you need to send us your completed application form, plus one item of evidence from the list below. Copies are fine. We can't return any documents.
To help you send us the right type of evidence, please check the list below and make sure you send us the document(s) that is / are relevant to the reason for your application.
If you have secured an apprenticeship in the last month:
- Letter or email from your employer confirming your apprenticeship
If you have graduated from a University or place of further or higher education within the last six months:
- Copies of your university/college degree or further education qualifications.
If you have registered on a jobseekers / employability programme through Job Centre Plus or an approved partner agency and have been unemployed for three months or longer:
- Letter or official email confirming your registration for the relevant programme
- Letter or email from your job coach, work experience/ placement contact, or training tutor supporting your application.
If you have been unemployed for three months or longer and are actively seeking work:
- Letter or official email stating that you have been unemployed for at least three months prior to your application.
If you are not able to provide any of these but have alternative evidence, please contact [email protected] for further advice.